Divorce with Dignity is Possible

Many of our clients come to us wondering if there is any such thing as a dignified divorce. At the Law and Mediation Offices of Barbara Irshay Zipperman in Sherman Oaks, California, what seems impossible can become possible.

A dignified divorce can be accomplished if each side is open to negotiation and compromise. Mutual respect of each other's needs and a focus on the best interests of their children are important steps towards ending a marriage. Contentious litigation can reduce your divorce into a war between two factions who are each looking to win, rather than looking to resolve the financial and emotional issues.

Attorney Barbara Irshay Zipperman represents clients in divorce and the matters related to it, including:

She also handles marital agreements (often known as prenups).

Finding The Best Way To Handle Your Divorce

We encourage all of our clients to consider mediation. It provides a more cooperative environment to resolve issues related to a divorce, and also gives the divorcing couple control over the decisions and the costs.

Barbara Irshay Zipperman has received comprehensive training in the mediation process and a commendation from the Los Angeles Superior Court for her volunteer work. She can serve as either a neutral facilitator overseeing the proceeding or represent one side's rights and best interests. She also advocates for clients in collaborative law proceedings.

Divorce Litigation as an Option

Consensual dispute resolution is not right for every case. In some cases, litigation may be the best way to resolve your divorce issues. For example, if both sides are far apart or one spouse chooses not to negotiate in good faith, a judge will have to make the key decisions related to your future.

If that is the case, Barbara Irsay Zipperman will be a strong advocate for your interests. While it is not an ideal way to resolve your divorce, it may be a pragmatic step to moving on following your marriage.

To schedule a consultation with an experienced lawyer, please give us a call or complete the online form.